Thursday, October 23, 2014

HoWlinG HauNteD HoUsE Wall Quilt Finishes with last 2 Blocks

I haven't forgotten.  I've just been busy trying to get this quilt quilted so that I could applique the ghosts on.  I'm not very diligent with my quilting as I don't do it very well.  I hate not being good at something.  Everyone keeps telling me I'll get better but I don't see that happening.  It doesn't help that I usually end up with scrunched shoulders that hurt to beat the band.  Then comes the headache from being in pain and being so tense.  Oh well it's done now and so should my petty party come to an end.  I still have to bind it and add a sleeve for hanging but that can be put off until after Halloween.  I'm just so glad to be done with this quilt in time for Halloween.  Can't wait to get it hung.

 This is the next block up for sharing.  It is a Shoofly variation.  I just love the 9 patch in the middle, that's probably why I chose it.  It's simple but elegant.  Just click on the picture about and it will take you to the PDF file for download/print.  Remember to be sure you printer is set at 100% before printing.  This block as all the others in this border are 6" finished. Make 4 of these block.
 I'm calling this block Wicked Four Patch because it doesn't have a name.  I think this is the block you end up when doing a Disappearing 4 patch.  I didn't want to do that many blocks so I took it to EQ7 and recreated into a single block.  Again I love the simplicity of this block and it made great corners. Make 4 of these blocks.

Assembly is really easy.  Just follow my picture for placement for the blocks and use your knowledge of quilt assembly to put on the borders.    The last border is a solid border with corner blocks.  It is 2 1/2 inches finished, there for the corner blocks are 2 1/2 inches square finished.

I can't wait to see some of your finished quilts.  Please join my Flickr group, PecksPieces Gallery and share any finished projects you done from any of my patterns. Just click on the above highlighted words and it will take you to the group.

Well back to work for me.  I still have a few unfinished Halloween projects I need to finish in the next two weeks.  I'll be back next week to share some of those projects with you.

Have a HoWlinG Good Time quilting!!!
Marjory

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the block patterns. I haven't even started the quilt, but it's on my to do list. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whop hoo ! I'm all caught up and ready to do these last few blocks. Thank you so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you once again for a beautiful quilt. I will be making this one for the children at the nursing home. You are so generous and kind and I will dedicate the quilts I make from your site to you so that others who are there will find your beautiful site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came to see what wonderful design you have done lately. I like your Haunted House quilt so much. Your wicked 4 patch is actually the Disappearing Nine Patch. I made a quilt using this design of my mom's quilt fabric from the 80's and it came out so nice.I still have more of her fabric and would like to do different designs for my sister and 3 brother. Thanks for this quilt.

    ReplyDelete

qltdwallflowers@msn.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...