Friday, May 10, 2013

Twisted House Potholder Tutorial

Here is one of the projects that I've finally gotten off my stack pile.  Actually I've had them made and photographed for about 5 months but never wrote the tutorial.  Well now it is done!!!!   Just click on the picture above and it will take you to the free PDF file.

I'm still working hard every day to finish some of these projects.  But I've also added some more to the pile.  Will we ever learn to stop!!!!   I don't think so.  I've recently joined a quilt chapter of our state guild called "Busy Bees"  so I thought it would be fun to make something using the theme of bees.  So tomorrow I'm starting to make a bee pouch, scissors keeper, thimble keeper, needle keeper and pin cushion.  They are so cute on paper.  I hope they will be in fabric too.  I  can't wait to show them to you.  Shh!  I've also designed them as mice and will be doing them up for my Big Sis.  She never reads my blog so I should be save here.  She is having a birthday the end of June so I have several weeks to get them done.  I think they are going to be fairly simple, at least I tried to keep them simple.  I'm going to start with the bees because that way I won't be on a learning curve when I make hers.

I've moved my office to a room at the back of the house and it isn't as nice but is closer to my studio/sewing room.  It's also quieter and I have a great view of my back patio with all my plants and fountains. It is also my extra storage for all my crafts so not as formal. So far the only thing I dislike is being the whole house away from the kitchen.  Thinking about putting in a small frig  to help out in that area.  That's what I've been up to, what about you?

Keep on keeping on!!!
Marjory

Other Kitchen Crafts:
            
  

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! I am new from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and follow me back! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute!i like it and will try to make one, is new for me and hope...not so dificult..
    http://freestilcreatingbyvilly.blogspot.gr/2013/05/gift-set-earrings-and-pendant.html
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I love your choice of fabrics and the design is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and creative!


    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    http://usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/05/submarine-sunday-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that how it goes sometimes? I was just thinking I needed to take some time and do the same thing :) I love these fun pot holders! I want to make some for my family. I love that they are not just a regular ol' potholder too, they are interesting and unique. Love it :) Krista @ A Handful of Everything

    ReplyDelete

qltdwallflowers@msn.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...