Tuesday, August 30, 2011

July/August STUD (Swap Till You DroP) Completed!

I have shown you the SPUD mini quilts I received, now it's time to show you the one's I sent.  I had to wait until they were received because one was a big surprise for my partner, CASharp.  Remember in this swap we know who are partners are and we cross swap,  therefore we are each others partner.  Remember I showed you Frogs Legs that I received from CASharp.  Isn't it cute and such extras. 

I stalked searched her Flickr photo stream for several weeks to find just the right subject.  Every time I came back to the same picture.  One of her son's dog, Sophie.  She is a Smooth Fox Terrier and her face just called my name.  I had read on another thread that her favorite pet was her cat but Sophie kept saying "Do Me! Do Me!"  So I gave up and quilted her.  First I will show you the sneak peek I showed her. She said it was worthless but fun.
What do you think?  Can you tell the subject.  he he he  Now that she has received it you can see the whole thing.  Go to my Linky Parties Page and see where I have posted this quilt along with all the other wonderful quilts.
Didn't she come out great?!  This was a lot of fun to make and even more fun to hear her joy after receiving it. I can't show a picture of the dog here but just click her name above to go to the actual picture I used to create this quilt.  Click Sophie's quilt to go to CASharp's photo stream and see her response.

What I didn't know was that Sophie passed away almost a year ago.  But she feels that this quilt is a great tribute to her son's dog.  She has already hung the quilt in the hall right next to her son's room.  Right now he is away at school.

Last but not least, the quilt I sent to Caryquilter.  I have posted some ideas earlier, but I had to choose which color way to do.  I ended up doing both the dark grey and the white one.  Then I picked the white one to sent to Caryquilter.  I am thinking of doing a tutorial about this quilt in September so I won't go on and on now.  Here it is "Which way is Up?"
Remember this swap had a theme of "One Shape in Rainbow Colors".  They were all thrilled to see a unique shape.  I've been wanting to do arrows forever and this was a great way to complete that desire.

3 comments:

  1. This is very cute. I've enjoyed your blog. The Tea Party quilt is really darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee hee thanks for being such a great partner. I have to tell you, son #2 had company Sunday afternoon. The first thing this 15 9/12 year old did was show off the new quilt.

    You hit this one out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

qltdwallflowers@msn.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...